Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Early NaNo update and some cool stuff

I was originally planning to post my progress on Fridays (and I still will) but after starting on a Friday and then having yesterday off (I got to play full time writer! Hint: I was really bad at it. But the house is clean.) it seemed appropriate to post it before the rest of the work week.

This is the nifty chart I made, since I'm having a hard time getting the word count function to work on the NaNo site (is this working for everyone else?). Plus, I have my own goals, I'm not strictly following the 1667 per day.

My Goals:
1. Sit down and write something every freaking day.
2. Minimum word count goal: Write 1 page (1k words) per day.
3. Stretch word count goal: Write 2 pages (2k words) per day.

I already didn't write on Saturday, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm easy on myself on the weekends. I'm excited to buckle down and see how much I get during the week! And I'm off work again tomorrow, which will help. (I have so many vacation days to use by the end of the year, I have a lot of random days off... great news for NaNo!)

Sidenote: if anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet, I'm happy to send it to you. Leave a comment or better, DM me on Twitter.

Geocaching: A gigantic treasure hunt! Use a GPS to find really obscurely hidden logs, sign your name, and find the next one! Two of my coworkers are into this, and it sounds really awesome.

Strayboots: Another scavenger hunt-esque site. This one uses a smartphone to take you around landmarks of different cities, and asks trivia questions. They cost some money, but they're low enough that it would be worth it if your already tromping around a city.

Zen Pencils comic from start to finish: A really cool guide to how Gav creates his comics, complete with lots of pictures. And if you aren't already reading Zen Pencils, you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment