Friday, July 12, 2013

Wonderful Things

Wonderful things make me happy.

All the sheetrock is out of the living room. We had the new carpet for about a week and a half before piling the mountain on top of it (and this was back in April), so it was really wonderful revealing it again. We may have sprawled out on it in our sheetrock- and spackle-dust covered glory. And then we may have fallen asleep for several hours, only to wake up cold in the middle of the night with all the lights still on. The goal for tonight is to just sand, sand, sand, and spackle for as long as I can stay awake.

A coworker told me about this interview with Neil Gaiman in Philadelphia Weekly, but I wasn't able to find a copy. I finally read it here. Neil Gaiman is just an all-around awesome person who says smart things. I'm still waiting for my turn with his new book from the library. In the meantime I'm reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore (again), Lexicon by Max Barry, and Love Minus Eighty by Will McIntosh. All are very good.

Love Interruption - Jack White. Who is the accompanying singer??? She is amazing. And listen to the clarinets in the backround! *so much love*

No comments:

Post a Comment