Friday, July 5, 2013

The Hum and the Shiver

I finished The Hum and the Shiver by Alex Bledsoe last week, but haven't really been feeling a review. Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed this book. I heard about it for the first time on Seanan McGuires blog (I think, it was a long time ago), but I had also read several so-so reviews, so it put me off. I could see why some people would be turned off to the book, because it is a very quiet, character driven story, and it is a long time before you get any answers. But I really loved it. I took it out from the library when the mood struck to read it, since I've been trying harder to grab books following my whims instead of going down my TBR pile like a checklist.

Frankly, I thought all the mystery was awesome, and there was no way I was putting down the book until I figured out what the Tufa people are. And even after finishing the book, you still don't really know what they are. The characters are very vivid, and awesome. I'm super happy the second book, Wisp of a Thing is already out, and I already have it on hold at the library. (I just love it when I can get good books at the library!) I hope it's available sooner rather than later, because I really want to know what happens to everyone!

Alex Bledsoe ( blog | twitter )
The Hum and the Shiver ( GR | BN )
Wisp of a Thing ( GR | BN )

No comments:

Post a Comment