Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A story for a Tuesday

My current read has been the backlist of Kristin Cashore's blog. Her articles on writing are brilliant, eloquent, and simple. But what got me really hooked (as if I wasn't already from reading her wonderful books Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue) was seeing her photos of Martha's Vineyard, of the very beach where I sat and sunbathed and read amongst friends. But I also love her simple politics (read: stop hating people) and it's really refreshing to see a kind space in the internet. Because I get tired of people hating on the haters. Not because I don't agree, but because it's just more anger and I'm sick of reading about it.

In any case, I came across this short story she linked to on her blog. Drag Queen Astronaut by Sandra McDonald. She challenged readers to read the first two paragraphs of the story and see if they could keep themselves from reading the rest of it. I extend that dare to you.

And let's all stop hating people, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment