Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snippets, Updates, Things, Not Enough Chocolate

Dye your own handpainted yarn. - Really great article! Since I just ordered Doctor Who yarn from Etsy and it finally arrived and it looks so AWESOME, I am definitely going to have to try this. All I need is a theme! It will probably be book related...

The toddler who never ages. - 19 years old, and still a toddler! Extended article. The poor girl just seems to be an experiment though, for anti-aging medicine. But still interesting.

I finished season 6 of Doctor Who! OH MY GOD SO GOOD. People. Watch it. And now I'm all caught up on Season 7 as well, and I am so excited for the show to pick up again in the Spring! What a great ending for the first half of the season, and a good segue for the new companion.



My current TBR pile: Trying to keep it short and do the whole "whim" thing, but my reading has been very stop-and-go lately. Requires too much thinking right now. I don't know if that has every happened to me before. My reading slowed down in college, to a book every three months or so, but I was still very good about sticking with them and finishing everything. But now, nothing sticks. This might be a TV show and knitting time for me, but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't still completely surrounded by books.
       The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - Stopped for now, but I'd still like to finish it. Not sure if I'm prepared for the emotional ending. (No spoilers, I don't know what it is yet!)
       Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - The trailer is badass. Can't wait for the movie. But you know my attention span is bad when I can't even focus on a YA book.
       Rosemary and Rue - Seanan McGuire
       Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
       The Sandman, Vols 1 and 2 - Neil Gaiman - A coworker gave these to me a while ago and I still haven't read them... Still want to though! Which makes me guilty for still holding onto them.
       The Spirit Thief - Rachel Aaron - Another book from a coworker, but I haven't had this one long enough to be guilty about it. Soon though, I'm sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment