Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life

I'm sitting on the couch, in our new house. I'm reading Beautiful Creatures. Everything is quiet, except for the oven clicking occasionally as it bakes my frozen pizza and the cars that drive by. It's awesome. I haven't been able to relax like this, reading in a quiet place with nothing pressing to do and nothing bothering me, for a long time. As a matter of fact, I've read a grand total of 1/2 a book since the beginning of October. Have I mentioned how awesome it is? I should probably paint the chair rail in the dining room, and there are still staples to pull out of the floor from the old carpet, but you know, I just don't feel like it. I'd rather read.

It still doesn't feel like our house. It still feels like the next place on my couch surfing agenda. That will probably change once the bedrooms are done and there's an actual bed and Phil has moved in and there's a dresser where I can put my clothes instead of keeping them in a stack on top of the dryer. There's still so much to do with the renovation, it's daunting sometimes. But it is slowly turning into a masterpiece, let me tell you. I know I sound sappy, but every coat of paint and every new light fixture takes us one step closer to our actual home. I can't wait to get my bookshelves over here, to go through all my books the way Phil was able to go through his beer collection, and organize everything and put it in it's place.

It's so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment