Thursday, September 6, 2012

Snippets: I'm a bit passionate about this stuff

The Hugo Awards were announced! Among Others by Jo Walton won best novel, which I was really happy about because I loved that book, even though I think Seanan McGuire deserved it more for Blackout and I wanted her to win.

Even more interesting, the mass market edition for Wise Man's Fear was finally announced!!! Seriously, I looked this up at least 2-3 times every month. Now, instead of my hopes getting squashed because there was no new information, they are squashed because I have to wait until April 2nd. Which realistically means I may be able to find it March 28... I've been waiting to re-read this book because it just isn't the same on the Nook. Re-reads especially deserve pages and paper and ink, a physical form my heart-strings can attach to. Yes, I am passionate about this.

The Powers That Be have created possibly the best book trailer ever for Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff.

I Am What I Eat by Susan Dennard, Part 1 and Part 2. Eating fresh and healthy food is really important to me. In college, when I was cooking just for myself, baked potatoes and cheese and vegetables became the staples instead of meat. I devoted my required speech class to the meat industry and how going vegetarian reduces global warming. (Seriously. Did you know that the cattle industry in South and Central America releases more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire transportation industry?) I love healthy food, and I crave it, and I really do feel so much better when I eat healthily. You can really tell a difference in your mental and physical states when your body can focus on things other than filtering out all the awful chemicals and processed fats in packaged foods. One of my favorite breakfasts is yogurt, granola, cinnamon, and fresh blueberries. You can EAT YOUR FILL and not feel like SHIT afterward. I avoid fast food whenever possible, but I do eat it occasionally. I usually regret it afterwards, no matter how good it tastes. I don't exercise regularly (I think running is uber boring) but I love being active, and I go to yoga once a week (it makes Mondays AWESOME), but I'm not huge on the exercise scale. And another big thing I do is drink as much water as I can stomach throughout the day, and always when I am eating. If I cave and grab a soda, I think of it as a snack and I never go for a diet. I don't count calories. This got a bit out of hand. \end{rant}

No comments:

Post a Comment