Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snippets

Rich Kids of Instagram. It's funny there actually are rich people like this. With kids. Who are so unaware of the world it's funny.

Need a Debit Card? It's also funny that there are people THIS DUMB in the world.

New web series H+. OMG you have to check out this web series! You can watch the first six episodes at the link, but I believe they are going up on YouTube as well. About computer implants inside of your head (only a matter of time, let's be honest) and philosophical questions about what it means to be human. Very well done! They aren't as long as regular tv episodes, for instance the first ep is seven minutes long. new episodes are posted every Wednesday at http://www.youtube.com/user/HplusDigitalSeries?feature=watch.

Best "Wash Me" Message Ever.

Strange Chemistry. The YA imprint of Angry Robot Books is about to launch it's first books. I love AR, and I am equally excited for what SC is putting out. Amanda Rutter, the lead (?) editor also keeps a great blog at the imprint's website. They've posted excerpts from the first four books at the link, but here are the two books I'm most excited for:

 
 
I've been inputing all my notes into Scrivener on my laptop. I hesitated to do this for a while because I only have the 30 day trial, and I didn't want to get used to using Scrivener when I'm not sure when I'll break down and buy the program. I've been avoiding it for a while because I didn't want to spend the money, though as far as the price goes it's cheap for a program with as many features as it has. Pretty much all I use it the Corkboard feature, but I haven't been able to find something similar for cheaper, so Scrivener it is. The iPad version is due to release by the end of this year, and it's going to be ridiculously hard to keep myself from buying a freaking iPad, for even more convenience since it'll be much less to carry. I have a small laptop, but it's still a pain in the ass to carry around in my purse. And if I'm going to tie my writing to a program that cannot be hauled back and forth on a flash drive for use between computers, I'll need something as portable as possible to keep it with me. I'm really trying *not* to buy an iPad. I'm not a fan of the hoops Apples forces users to jump through. PC all the way!

HOOOLLLYY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME.
Ok, so it's entirely possibly that I am way more excited about this than you are going to get. I found this on Kristin Cashore's blog, in her love letter to the Bourne movies. (We just saw Bourne Legacy over the weekend. It was awesome. Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz together were awesome. But check out KC's blog, she says it better than me.) The Piano Guys are the same people who did the Dueling Cellos with Lightsabers video, and a bunch of other cool ones. How do they get the resources for these videos? I mean, they're awesome!! Ok, so I should explain that I really love music. And I'm not talking pop songs on the radio (although I can get behind those too, especially acoustic songs) I mean the orchestrated kind. Movie scores and the like. Not so much classical, solely because I can't stand the sound of a harpsichord. Listen to this and tell me you don't think that's awesome. I DARE YOU.

The Avenger's gag reel was removed from io9 at Disney's request. Instead, take some gags from Serenity and Firefly instead. =]

Days like this I really love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment