Thursday, July 26, 2012

Irrepressible Library

I am in the wonderful and horrible position of not knowing what to read next. I have too many ideas and can't decide between them, but after reading White Horse I know I want something cheery, which rules out The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I have Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard from the library, but I'm not in a YA mood right now, which is one of the reasons why I gave up on Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma. It's beautifully written, but it seems like a bunch of "stuff" happening, and I know there are clues to important things that I am supposed to be paying attention to, but I have no idea what is important or what to focus on, so I just feel lost. I think the point of the book is just to show the love and loyalty between sisters, but I keep wanting it to be about something more, like folklore or mermaids or something, and I'm just missing NRS's point completely. Not in the right headspace to read it right now. Then there's Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey, The Rook by Daniel O'Malley, The Prestige by Christopher Priest, and A Matter of Blood by Sarah Pinborough.

But to be honest, I'm leaning towards My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland and Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

In watching news, I am now on Season 4 of Supernatural and it is so fan-freaking-tastic! I just love Dean and Sam so much. There are so many things on Netflix I want to watch between Supernatural, Dollhouse rewatch, and Breaking Bad that I don't know what to do with myself. And I'm still looking for The Sound of My Voice to come out on DVD.

Update: I ended up reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It's dense, but the movie trailer is made of so much awesome I'm super motivated to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment