Friday, March 23, 2012

Irrepressible Library

I'M SORRY. I KNOW YOU'RE TIRED OF HEARING ME TALK ABOUT IT. I'M TIRED OF HEARING ME TALK ABOUT IT. AND YET... I CAN'T STOP.

Thus ends my dramatic presentation that exists only to tell you that I'm reading it again. And it is still... so amazing. Just today, I got all teary when Kvothe was accepted into the University, and then, a mere 16 pages later, I got shivers when Fela appeared for the first time. And I'm noticing things. Like how Ambrose never tells us his name, we get it from the narration. It's just a little thing to remind you that this is not a first person viewpoint, but a story within a story. My friend Kyle (who I forced to read this book) described Kvothe as "super good at everything, handsome, smooth, and never loses, p.s. learned sex from the goddess of sex." I would like to make it known that I have no problem with any of that.

This is my sixth time reading the book. If I'm going to ever be a writer, I need to learn how to branch out at some point. Just not yet. It's not like my TBR pile is getting any smaller...

No comments:

Post a Comment