Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Oscar Nominees

The nominees were announced today!

I love the oscars, it's the only awards show I watch, and I look forward to it as soon as Christmas is over. I usually don't get around to seeing all the movies by the awards, but I try to get as much as I can.

For Best Picture, I've seen 3 of the 9, and I'm disappointed Girl with the Dragon Tattoo didn't make it. I hope Moneyball doesn't win (it probably won't) because even though it was a good movie, I didn't think it was THAT good. If I had to pick a winner, I think it'll be The Artist. I think that movie is going to sweep a lot of the awards. But I'd be really happy if Hugo did well, though I don't know if it will get Best Picture. I keep hearing good things about The Tree of Life, but I really have no interest in seeing that at all.

Rooney Mara was nominated for Best Actress! I'd be super happy if she won, and she definitely underwent the biggest transformation out of the other nominees. I like Gary Oldman a lot in Best Actor category, even though I don't know how I felt about Tinker Tailor. (I didn't expect it to be so long and so slow, plus my shoddy knowledge of history didn't help to fill in the gaps.) I need to download all the albums for the Best Score nomination, which is one of my favorites. I love what they've been doing in recent years with the live orchestra and the dancers.

Movies I'd like to see before the awards are: A Separation, Jane Eyre, Anonymous, Beginners, Albert Nobbs, Midnight in Paris, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. And I'm rooting for Dragon Tattoo and Hugo for everything. I'd love for either of those movies to win Cinematography (the opening titles for Dragon Tattoo were amazing) but that category has amazing competition this year with The Artist and The Tree of Life, so I don't think either of those have a chance.

I'd love to have a party for the awards, but I'd be kind of weird, "Hey everybody, come over to my parent's house!" especially when they go to bed so early. That will have to wait for my own place. (Next year?!?!?) I hate all the other awards shows, but the Oscars I love! And come on, Billy Crystal is freaking hilarious. I also thought Hugh Jackman did a spectacular job, plus I have NO COMPLAINTS about staring at him all night.

Update 1/25: Here's an interesting article about those who were snubbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment