Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sup

Just a quick stop, because I have to get back to brainstorming! I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it was so awesome! I can't wait to see it again. Maybe Thursday, because I have off work and don't leave for the New Year's Trip until that night. I think I like the Swedish version better, but it's hard to compare because they each did the story in their own way. Noomi Rapace and Mara Rooney each do a great job, but they each play the character differently. The American version didn't have enough about Lisbeth, but was truer to the book. The Swedish version hinted at the next two books and really hooked you in, but didn't have Daniel Craig. ;) Swedish Lisbeth was more cutthroat and unforgiving, and we saw her do more hacking, more behind-the-scenes with Blomkvist's computer. But I liked the relationship between Lisbeth and Blomkvist better in the American version. Either way, see them both, then see them again. This movie is head and shoulders my Number 1.

I also saw Sherlock Holmes 2. To be honest, the movie was just meh. It was the first one all over again, with nothing really new. It didn't grab me like the BBC's Sherlock does. But the ending was such a smack in the face! It redeemed the movie quite a bit. And another strike against it, the movie was so freaking loud. It was horrible. I saw it Christmas Eve and there were six people in one of the tiny theaters, and they had the sound cranked up loud enough for the big auditoriums. If you're not a big movie person, I'd say wait until this one comes out on video.

Winter 2011-2012 Movie Rankings:
  1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  2. Hugo
  3. Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows

Currently Reading: Dawnthief (Chronicles of the Raven I) by James Barclay

No comments:

Post a Comment