Friday, November 18, 2011

So scattered lately

...but still plugging away at my WIP! Currently at 15.2k, which is a little behind schedule but still in the game. 51% to goal, 60% to deadline. Some of the scenes are definitely meandering and have zero conflict but I'm just going with it. After November, I am going to set a goal for 24k in the month of December, and keep on plugging.

Writing at a fast pace is definitely helpful. it forces me to think about the scenes on hand, instead of the entire book. This may seem like a bad thing, but thinking about the entire book gets me thinking about alternate ways to do things, and then the book starts changing so much that I can't possibly write it fast enough. As soon as I start writing something, I think of another way to do it that makes it moot. I want to keep up this pace, and speed it up even more as much as possible.

In the middle of several books right now:
Deadline by Mira Grant (audio)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (reread)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
A Matter of Blood by Sarah Pinborough (mostly abandoned)
And I just bought A Flight of Angels graphic novel! It's sooo nice.

Hope life is treating you well, my wrimos!

No comments:

Post a Comment