Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nano Update #2

First and foremost, I would just like to say I wrote 2155 words yesterday. HOLY CRAP. That's a new personal best. It was the best feeling, too, the words just flowing from my fingers. I wrote 1000 words just on the train ride home. It was awesome.

As of this morning, my word count is 5593. Keep in mind I am only shooting for 30k. That leaves me 19% to my goal and 23% to my deadline. I'm glad I'm working five days this week. It keeps my routine going for five days instead of four. Whenever I have off work, I do stuff like run errands and hang out with people and putz around and quilt. Those are my relax days. They are necessary. But work days are when shit gets done: writing, the gym, the laundry.

Writing on the train this morning was much slower, only 200 words. I went to bed so tired last night and had to drag my ass out this morning. Figure I need to refill a bit before I can hunker down to write again. My unrealistic goal for today is 2000, but I'll be happy around 1500. Hell, I'll be happy at 1100. To my fellow WriMo's: keep going! One word after the other. The second week is the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment