Monday, November 21, 2011

Updates N Stuff

First of all, it has been confirmed that Nora Roberts is indeed awesome and shall not be lumped into the horrendous lump of romance writers we so often lump together. In other words: she's pretty badass, and I think I'll buy one of her books now.

Now onto the meat. I fell really behind over the weekend in my NaNoWriMo count (4-5k) and with Thanksgiving this week and our Black Friday anti-shopping at Capone's for a beer festival I'm going to need my ass in gear to catch up. I really want to catch up. It's a teen book, and I can't wait to finish the first draft to really start weaving in the subplots. I'm most excited for the subplots, actually. Is that a bad thing? I'm at the point where shit is going to start happening, and it's exciting. I don't really want to tell people that it's a typical teen book, mainly because I hate reading them, but I know that my book is AWESOME and I'm really enjoying the writing. Because I will finish the shit that I started, goddamnit. AND, speaking of teen books that I never read, I've been reading a teen loves me/loves me not book and I've actually been enjoying it! Go figure! Anna and the French Kiss. I'll probably finish it tonight because there's only a bit left, and a review will follow. It's been fascinating how you can appreciate something for being a fluff book when everything else in the world makes you just want some fluff, damnit. I need to stop bashing them on my blog.

In other news, my room is a mess, my laundry is a gigantic pile, and my sewing machine isn't working. A bottle of wine and compressed air to the rescue!

1 comment:

  1. 4-5K? You're not too far behind! I know people 20K behind and they still plan to finish. EVERYONE gets behind at some point - you just have to suck it up and sit down and just WRITE! I know you can do it. And since you're so excited about your story, it shouldn't be too hard to find the time if you REALLY want it. Put a load into the washer, drop that sewing machine off at the Sew & Vac, kick the refuse under the bed, and get to it! Good luck! XD

    Isn't ANNA awesome? It is pure fluff but so well written and so, well, fluffy that it just makes you warm inside and you can't stop smiling and...XD! Normally I'm not a fluff person either, but ANNA isn't ordinary fluff - it is in a league all its own. Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete