Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Test-driving

I'm currently test-driving several different plot methods, because meandering through no specific plot or path is great for the zero draft, but once I have a feel for thing I need to buckle down and get some organization.

My own organization page - My compilation of other people's genius. I don't remember where I got everything. This is what I have pasted in the front of every notebook and printed out in about 100 different iterations. I love reading about other authors' methods, so I figure it's only fair to post my own.

J.K. Rowling's Outline - Not only is this fascinating because it's J. K. Rowling, but I love how the outline deals with the every subplot, and breaks it down chapter by chapter. Plus, I'm a huge fan of crameverythingontothesamepage-style Cheat Sheets (as evidenced by the link above).

25 Ways to Plot, Plan, and Prep Your Story - It's Chuck Wendig, self-explanatory. And it's relevant to what I'm doing now with my WIP. Even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment