Thursday, September 15, 2011

I SERIOUSLY NEED TEN EYES

Ok people, I have WAY TOO MANY books I want to read! And I've been trying SO HARD to hold back on buying piles of books, and I've been doing so much better, but I still have so many books on my shelves I want to read that are just getting buried under the new books I want to read! And then there's the whole hardcopy vs. nook discussion, but we're not going to get into that.***

Here is my new TBR list (that I started only a few days ago). The list on my bookshelf page is waaaay to long, and there are a bunch of books that I don't really want to read anymore anyway. But I don't have the heart to just delete them! Ok, the books:

The Prince of Thorns - Mark Lawrence
Nights of Villjamur - Mark Charan Newton
Awakenings - Edward Lazellari
Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation - (Foundation Trilogy) Isaac Asimov
This Dark Endeavor - Kenneth Oppel
Blackout - Connie Willis
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
God's War - Kameron Hurley
Zoo City - Lauren Beukes
Retribution Falls - Chris Wooding
Elfsorrow, Shadowheart, Demonstorm, Ravensoul - (Legends of the Raven) James Barclay

Damn those editing classes for making me such a slow reader! (Although I don't think I that fast to begin with anyway.)

***Ok, we will. Mass market? Hands down I'm buying it. They're so comfortable to hold and so satisfying to watch the pages slowly build up in your left hand... I know I'm a MAJOR dork but I can't help it! It's the hardcovers and trade paperbacks that give the problems. I just love paper so much! But the nook is just so space-saving in my already too-full bag, and you can't beat $15 off a new release...

1 comment:

  1. Omg Gina, bump Miss Peregrine's to the top of your list! I just read it a couple weeks ago, and it was soooo creepy, but in an amazing way. Also, I'm with you on the book vs nook debate. I <3 paper, and I like the feeling of an actual book in my hand. But seriously, I can go on vacation and take 40 books with me, without the back pain?! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete