Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yay!

I got all of my daily writing done at lunch today. That just feels good. Especially because I didn't bring my computer with me because 1. I didn't feel like carrying it, and 2. it's supposed to be raining on the way home, but really just because I didn't feel like carrying it. But it's also good because I have my first quilting meeting (I'm making my first quilt!) and that will take up my night. Bummer I won't have my computer on the train home because now I want it, but oh well. Designated reading time. I know my word count drops if I don't keep up with my reading, so this is a good thing. Makes sense, creative people are usually creative in different ways, so feeding one aspect will help refresh another aspect. (ie, reading and quilting will be a good break from writing that will help in the long run, even if I would rather be writing at the time.)

I came across two quotes today that I liked, and one while working! (It came from one of our books!) The other was from the always awesome Advice to Writers.
Writing to any kind of deadline is difficult; writing to a self-imposed deadline is torture. - G. M. Stewart
I love being a writer. What I can’t stand is the paperwork. PETER DE VRIES

Keep on writing, everyone! You'll be amazing how quickly writing a little bit every day can add up. (Now all I need to do is take my own advice!) So far I haven't heard from anyone in our cabin for Camp NaNoWriMo, but oh well. Other people have lives and can't check it ten times, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment