Tuesday, August 2, 2011

OMGLINKS!

Lilith Saintcrow's awesome series on motivation and process that I have been reading religiously over and over. I don't know why, but they just get me moving. More than anything else. I print them out and stick them in each project folder. Sometimes it just helps to flip through them. Why? Because writing fucking sucks and I have no idea why I do it but it's like cocaine and I have to go back to it. Except it's awesome and doesn't kill people.
Process, Part 1
Environment, Process Part 2
Finishing Requires Finishing  **One of my favorites!
Finishing without hurting yourself
Recovering from finishing
Also, an article she mentions, by John Scalzi.

And an article from the Atlantic on YA, courtesy of Savannah Foley.

I can't wait to get home and continue writing/cleaning in alternating timechunks. I'm washing fabric for my very first quilt tonight! And writing Malevolent Soul and brainstorming Dreamless. It must be one of my hobbies to try out every writing process I come across, but hey, maybe one of these it will get me to finish something. I love that I was super interested in malevolent Soul, then hit a slug and didn't write for almost two weeks (eek) and now am super excited for it again! Yay!

And last but not least, because being a dick rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment