Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shit's goin' down

So here it is folks, it's getting harder. I'm at that point in my story where shit needs to start happening. It stalled me a bit yesterday, but I had a lot of non-writing stuff to do so I used it as a day to brainstorm. (And by brainstorm, I mean think of one sentence that describes the chapter.) Naturally, I'm procrastinating by writing a blog instead of writing.

This first draft has been really absorbing my time, which I like and don't like. I haven't read anything. Since my problem with getting myself writing before was that I could never drag myself from my reading, I guess quitting cold-turkey was the only way to rememdy it. That's ok, as long as I can bang out a first draft in a reasonable length of time. My best friend is on my case about reading Passion by Lauren Kate. She read it and loved it and needs someone to talk about it or else she'll die. Or so she says. =] I do want to read it, I'm just not in "reading-thinking" mode right now. (I'm in writing-thinking mode. It makes sense, I promise.)

I bought a book yesterday called Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass, and I can't wait to have a first draft so that I can work through the book. It has a lot of great step-by-step things to keep and eye out for during revisions. (So excited for revisions already! But I can't get ahead of myself! WRITE GINA, WRITE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment