Thursday, July 14, 2011

I missed you, blog.

It's been a while. A lot has happened. I've been working on my WIP (almost 40%, holy crap!) and I haven't been reading. Which honestly made me depressed.

You see, reading was just distracting. It was the first draft, and I wanted to spew it out like projectile vomit and be done with it, but naturally it's taking longer than I wanted and i was just way too long without a book fix. I took a day off from writing and read Passion by Lauren Kate in a day, and my word count is so much happier for it. I need to make sure I always have some reading time, for my sanity. I'm going to read Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and I'm pretty excited for it.

I'm still excited with the story. Which is awesome. I am now in the MIDDLE. But I also just began the middle, so this little plan of 25,000 words is going to be way too short. But I'll see where it takes me.

And OMG Harry Potter tonight! My childhood is officially ending... I don't want to talk about it. But rest assured, I am SO. EXCITED. We'll see if I can nap when I can get home tonight, seeing as I'm going to the 3am showing and won't be in bed until likely 7am. Red Bull and Excedrin, here I come! And the pub. At midnight. They have the best baked potato soup. But skip the bread bowl, you get more soup in a regular bowl, and that's what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment