Monday, July 18, 2011

As usual

I didn't write anything over the weekend. Which sucks, because that's three days of writing. I can't say I have to get back on the ball because I was never really on the ball, but I do need to keep working at getting a steady word count. The good thing is, I'm still excited with the story, and subplots and dimensional characters are emerging for once, instead of hitting constant road blocks. The hard part now is incorporating them all, so the best I can do is be sure to write them down to remember later for rewrites.

And speaking of rewrites, there are already several scenes I need to go back and add to the beginning chapters. Which is a good thing, that the story is naturally filling itself out. But there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to! I am horribly behind on beta reading chapters for people (seriously behind, by a month). But I can't even get my laundry folded and put away in a reasonable amount of time.

We went to Selin's Grove Brewing Company in Selinsgrove, PA yesterday, and it was deeelicious. They don't distribute their beers but rather have a small restaurant. The Kriek beer (a black cherry fruit beer) was delicious, though a little sweet for me to really drink, AND it's rated the best or the second best fruit beer in the world. I completely understand why, it's really amazing they can get that much flavor in the beer. The Cream Ale was awesome. Didn't like the IPA very much. But the food... oh, the food. It's all cold sandwiches and simple things (the kitchen consists of a countertop and a microwave, I think), but everything is local and holy cow I don't think I've ever had a better roast beef sandwich. I can't wait for the pumpkin beer in the fall! (I love pumpkin beer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment