Wednesday, June 22, 2011

#wowisuck

Yep. That sums it up. Apart from not writing for an entire week, I still suck. (Though not writing is okay, but it's making me antsy. Baseball, wedding, and recovery = still tired four days later.) I was reading articles on plotting on the train to straighten things out, and I thought of a new direction for my story that fucks up everything I've already worked on. The problem is that the new direction is GOOD. I knew my plot was crappy. It was just something to get me writing. But I told myself I would stick with it to just FINISH SOMETHING. I can't decide what to do. I'm thinking take a break from Merpeeps, and try to get a really short but complete story out. So I can practice writing through a whole arc. I'm talking like 25k. Maybe even 20k. I don't know. Am going to try plotting something out today. I found a really helpful article and am going to try that method. Will post the link later when I find it again. Oddly enough, it wasn't the article that was super-helpful-tothepointof making my story implode.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment