Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates

I had to give up on The Passage by Justin Cronin. I mean, I would like to keep reading, I would like to know what happens, and I have already invested enough time to read over half the book... but I just can't do it. There is too little time in the world. And it's funny, yesterday I read a blog on SF&F Writers (whatever it's called, I know I have it linked from the Resources page) and the guy was saying about a book "he won't name," how the characters were just unrealistic. He was so talking about The Passage. Mainly, the part in the beginning where two medical researchers are e-mailing back and forth, one whose life is in danger from the mysterious virus he's researching, and he's going on a ramble about how he was wronged in the kindergarten. Wow, if I'm dying, I don't give a fly about what happened to me in the kindergarten. He should have been spewing out these medical terms that everyone would have had to go look up and put in with frantic half-complete sentences but nooooooooo we get little Johnny getting bullied. Pass. On to The Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin next. But I am expecting A Matter of Blood by Sarah Pinbourough to arrive in the mail any day, and when that comes in I'll probably start reading it right away.

As for writing, last week was AMAZING and I guess it would have been too much to hope that I would be just as productive this week. Bah. At least I've written something, 200-300 words a day, but I'm still not making the 500 that's my goal. The problem is that I cant visualize this chapter in my head as well, it hasn't had as long to fester. I can always go to a different chapter, but I haven't given up hope yet. And I've been doing a lot of things after work, so I've been getting to bed late and thus been too tired in the morning to get anything coherent out. This weekend is my best friends bachelorette party, so there's no way anything is getting done over the weekend. =] There's always tomorrow though, I have off too! Even if I do have a mountain of appointments to go to.

And I got a nifty progress bar for my sidebar, isn't it awesome?? Now everyone can know at a glance how much I'm NOT writing!! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment