Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's working!

After three days of writing (and a weekend thrown in for a break) I'm ten percent into my new WIP! I know, I know, I have a super short goal. But that's ok. Ten percent is ten percent. Yesterday I wrote 1300 words, which I think is my max ever. Maybe not. I think I wrote 1400 one day. In any case, AWESOME. I only got about four lines this morning before giving it up as a bad job and pulling my book out, but that's okay, there's always this afternoon, and maybe even a little bit tonight. But probably not, because no matter how much i think I'm going to write once I'm home, life takes over and it never gets done.

I've realized a huge source of motivation is getting that little progress bar to increase. =] Whatever works! I think I've finally recovered from Bree and Gary's wedding, which is good. I went running for the first time yesterday in about three weeks. And I didn't have a good reason, I was just lazy. I restarted my audible subscription, and downloaded Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente to listen while running. It's really good so far. I was trying to listen to City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, but I just couldn't get into it. I am so out of my Twilight phase. I thought listening to something easy while running would be better, but turns out Palimpsest is much better at keeping my mind occupied while the rest of me is occupied with not dying. I have mixed emotions about running.

Echo City is as good as I hoped it would be, though with this new writing project I haven't had as much time to read as I'd like. But I need to keep focused, and just keep writing at a sprint so I don't lose momentum. That's why I wanted the goal to be small, so I could make progress through the plot arc in a shorter amount of time, before I could think of another ending to fuck up everything I had written. Here's to keeping it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment