Wednesday, May 11, 2011

UGH

That's really all I can say. Ugh. With a capitol U. I had a four day weekend, and I didn't finish (or even make a sizable dent in) The Wise Man's Fear, and I am currently three days behind and only five days into Spring Into Summer. Awesome.

I make sure to sit my ass down every night, but I end up just staring at the screen blankly. Or, like yesterday, I filled in some plot holes in my outline (I figured out the ending!). But neither of those are going to get my book written. And even with this lack of writing, I still have yet to fold my laundry.... OR to return the growing pile of chapters to edit. GAHHHHHHHHHH. A good, throaty, chest-pounding yell would be mighty satisfying right now. But that's usually frowned upon in a cubicle setting. Guess I'll have to wait until lunch then. I'll fit right in with all the crazies.

I had the urge yesterday to write each plot point on a sticky note and spread them all out on my bedroom wall. It sounds like a great idea, but I feel like that's just me procrastinating to the highest degree. I think one thing creating problems for me is to make the jump between writing Beginning scenes and writing Middle scenes. I've never written middle scenes before!

And HOLY COW I wish my new computer would just get here already! I'm so excited for it, but the shipment keeps getting delayed because of the processor shortage. As of now it stands at May 17th. Damn you, tsunami! I just want to be able to write on the train rides! How dare you keep me from my luxuries! Oh yeah, and ruin the lives of half a million people. That too. (I'd scream LUXURY right now but I know that really annoys you, HT.)

No comments:

Post a Comment