Thursday, May 26, 2011

My new phone makes smiley faces that look like aliens

And I love it. Anyway, I have some serious catching up to do on my blog. I just finished Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, and it was really good. Review coming soon. Now I'm reading The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, and it is also really good.

I'm only thirty pages into it, but already I was struck by something. The girl is starting at a new school, and without a word spoken between them she kindof becomes friends with another kid. I really like how Carter did that, and it made me want to do it in my own story. I don't know how I would fit it in though, unless I do it with characters it wouldn't work as well for. Oh well, bummer.

I started planning out my story by chapter, and it's nice to see everything laid out since I've been writing sections pretty randomly. I also realized that my organizational style of writing is that I will change my organizational style at least four times in a six month span. I was always like that, actually. So I'm just going to go with it. Plus, I don't know if OpenOffice just can't handle extremely large documents, but my down arrow stopped working when I'm in that program. But it still works otherwise, and it works when I open another document in OpenOffice. No sense. But it did give me a near heart attack when I thought something was wrong with my computer already.

Wow, new computer and new phone two weeks apart. Overwhelming. But the new computer is awesome, and the new phone was a necessity. I would have kept my blackberry, but we switched providers and got a freakin GREAT deal. And it is an awesome phone.

Just rambling... but I am suffering from so-much-to-do-so-little-time again and resorting to checklists. I've gone to bed super late every night this week, and it is seriously catching up to me. And I have to go to work AGAIN tomorrow.... =/ Ok, now I'm just complaining. But hey, what are blogs for if not to inundate the internet with whining and crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment