Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally...

Well, It's been a long time, but I finally got out 500 words. This whole Spring into Summer Challenge really couldn't have done a better job at completely halting my word count. =] Haha, figures. I've still been thinking about my story, and I've still been trying to write, but it really wasn't happening. Then yesterday, I thought about the ending! I know I've said that before, but this ending makes my one and a half act story more like a three act story. Which is a good thing. No story is fun if the heroes solve everything the first time. The whole fun of stories is rooting for the heroes and watching them suffer but succeed, against insurmountable odds. And I like where this ending takes me. That's what I worked on, too. =] No more thinking of a scene but not getting to it ever because it's not at that part of the story. Writing out of order and whatever takes my fancy has really helped me a lot.

Ok, time to keep working on my purse! I wrote 500 words today, which is going to be my goal for the next little while. 1000 is just too much. I hate to give in and say it, but my homework is done. WRITING IS SO HARRRDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who thinks full-time writers have it easy has another thing coming to 'em. The only thing they get easy is they get to work from home every day and can avoid a commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment