Thursday, April 7, 2011

BEGINNING-MIDDLE-END

I'm at that point in my Merpeeps story where things are getting hard. I am already thinking of different directions to take my story into because I am trying to keep it simple, but it is hard to know when to stray from my plan and when to stick with it. Often, the ideas that end up taking my story way off course start out as just a tiny simple thing that is indistinguishable from the other tiny simple things that keep the story on track. But I am going to keep hammering out BEGINNING-MIDDLE-END so I know exactly what Needs To Happen. I can't tell you how much I want to stick with this story, how much I want to finish something. Because once I finish something, that will mean that I can go on to the next thing. I want to tell stories.

At this stage in my writing my blog is probably going to get quite boring, because all it will consist of is kicking myself in the ass to get writing, and then putting off my writing by writing about kicking myself in the ass. It's all very circular.

Some real life updates:
- I have tomorrow off of work! I don't mean to brag, but thankyoufuckinggod.
- My day off work will be spent at the dentist. (Ha! And I had you jealous of me...)
- Eggnog flavored coffee is disgusting.
- I was looking at ultra-portable laptops/tablets for my birthday (I always get a present from myself, I'm generous like that) but I don't think I'm going to get one anymore. I have specific features I want, and I don't want to pay for the features I don't want because I don't have the extra cash, but honestly, keeping my files with me on a flash drive has been working pretty well. Besides, I don't have the energy to focus on writing on the train.

BEGINNING-MIDDLE-END. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment