Monday, March 21, 2011

1200 words!

My goal has been 300 words a day. Pretty meager, but I wrote everyday last week, minus the weekend. It's manageable. Today, I wrote 1200 words! Really happy about that. I was thinking today that some of my problems sticking with it stems from the fact that the process is so slow for me. I need some kind of framework that I can build on, but looked at the entire project ahead of me is daunting. Maybe it would be better if I tried to cram a huge amount of writing in a shorter span of time? Want to try this for this week, but it may not work even for tomorrow because it's a gym day. The bane of my existence. In any case, my goal is to try and write more per day. More than I think is even possible for me. Maybe this will keep me excited, and it will be easier to get it all down when I can remember it. I also typed today, instead of writing. I think that helped, as much as it pains me to say it. I would take a few minutes to sprint through a paragraph or two, and by the end of the day I had 600 words! Not to mention it's wonderful to have even five minute break, and to just allow myself to get completely immersed in the scene, even if it is only for five minutes. This blog post is a little scattered, but I'm okay with that. I wrote 1200 words today. =]

Also, a note: Saw two great movies over the weekend that oddly enough were pretty similar. Black Snake Moan and Kinky Boots. Don't let the horrendous movie poster scare you away from watching Black Snake Moan (I didn't want to see it at all when it came out), and the movie made me like Christina Ricci a lot more. Both movies were great, and I was going to write a blog post about them but I don't feel like it anymore. They're both on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment