Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow, a whole month between posts, and I only had three posts up to begin with. Blog is off to a great start. In any case, I normally dread the new year, mainly because it is hard enough to get myself to the gym, and then when the new year hits I want to go even less because people flood the place for about a month before it is empty again. I'm not saying, "Be unhealthy! Don't go to the gym! This is my gym!" I just really hate the crowds. But it is great that people finally get themselves to the gym, even if it does take a new year to do it. Americans are way too freakin fat. Yesterday I was next to a girl on the ellipticals who was finishing up her workout. She had been ellipticizing (a word?) for 40 minutes and had burned almost 500 calories. That's amazing! I wanted to say good job but I didn't want to risk insulting her. But I was thoroughly impressed. It really put my workout to shame.

As far as New Year's Resolutions go, mine is not to go to the gym. It's to write more. Fiction writing, blogging, and I am going to include researching/reading nonfiction in this category too. I not only went to the gym yesterday, but I wrote some, too! Talk about a productive day. It wasn't much--not even a page--but the important part is that I sat down and did it. My goal is a chapter a month. That sounds ridiculous, but I'm starting out small. I don't want to give up on my resolution two weeks into the year. I also now have my (current) story outlined up through chapter four.

And a little something to leave you with: I don't know what this book is and I will probably never pick it up, but I like the author. This guest blog post is great.

Happy New Year! I hope everyone set resolutions. It's good to have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment