Thursday, November 18, 2010

Splice: Depends Unnecessary

After months of trying to hunt down the movie Splice with Adrian Brody, we finally just reserved it from Redbox and picked it up. It's been a long time since I've seen a good horror movie, probably since The Haunting in Connecticut, actually. Pissing my pants in fear is just one of those things I enjoy. But horror flicks these days aren't so much horror as they are torture and gore, and needless to say, I was looking forward to a good shake.

And then I watched Splice, and realized it wasn't a horror movie.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had known more about the plot going in. It was a how-will-science-turn-against-us-in-the-future type of movie, and the weird cooing-purring human hybrid they created threw me off a little. The movie would have been better if not for the totally unnecessary violent ending. It's a movie to watch with a grain of salt.

Current Ranking: #1 (because it's my first post! Y E A H!)

No comments:

Post a Comment